Today is World Brain Tumor Day!
World Brain Tumor Day was founded as a day to commemorate those who suffered from a brain tumor, as well as a day to acknowledge the loss their loved-ones suffered.
The Personalized Cause family lost someone very special to a brain tumor, so this cause is particularly close to our hearts. Today's post is dedicated to her. We love and miss you. ❤️
The signs and symptoms of a brain tumor vary greatly and depend on the brain tumor's size, location and rate of growth.
General signs and symptoms caused by brain tumors may include:
- New onset or change in pattern of headaches headaches that gradually become more frequent and more severe
- Unexplained nausea or vomiting
- Vision problems, such as blurred vision, double vision or loss of peripheral vision
- Movement in an arm or leg
- Difficulty with balance
- Speech difficulties
- Confusion in everyday matters
- Personality or behavior changes
- Seizures, especially in someone who doesn't have a history of seizures
- Hearing problems
If you suspect you or a loved one may have a brain tumor, see a doctor immediately. The faster you treat it, the better the odds of survival.
#worldbraintumorday #brain #cancer #tumor #braintumor #brainsurgery #chemo #radiation #greymatters